Saturday, February 11, 2012

Eye Surgery Was A Success!!!!!

Yep! Congratulate me! I can now drive the streets of Philadelphia again!

On January 31st I had surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital which was conducted by Dr. Jacqueline Carrasco, who is affiliated with Wills Eye Institute. The purpose of the surgery was to correct my double vision, which started after my brain surgery in 2005. Well, the surgery was a success! On Tuesday, February 7th, I drove for the first time in three years!

OMG . . . it felt so good!

Now, I have to admit, my driving was shaky! Before the surgery my double vision was at Level 10, and I was experiencing it about 80 percent of the day. After the surgery I'm now at Level 4, and it only kicks in about 5 percent of the day. The thing is it can kick at any time . . . and it has already kicked in twice while driving, but since it's only a 4, I can usually force my brain to bring the two images together.

So, I don't think I'll be going joy riding anytime soon, and I won't be driving at night . . . but the bottomline is I can drive when I want to, and I don't have to be dependent on other people all the time. I've already driven to the store just to get myself a Pepsi . . . just because I wanted to! LOL 

Life is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment